Every U.S. citizen who possesses the following qualifications is entitled to register to vote in Mississippi:
- An inhabitant of Mississippi, except persons judicially declared mentally incompetent;
- At least 18 years old (or will be by the date of the next general election);
- A resident of the state, county, and supervisor’s district for 30 days;
- Has never been convicted of any crime listed in Section 241 of the Mississippi Constitution (murder, rape, bribery, theft, arson, obtaining money or goods under false pretense, perjury, forgery, embezzlement, or bigamy).
- Once you are registered, you generally remain registered indefinitely, unless you move or no longer meet one of the qualifications to vote.
- Your voter registration form must be dropped off or postmarked by the deadline.
Register to Vote in Mississippi